Annual Street Resurfacing Project Begins August 20, 2012
The City of Sanibel’s Annual Street Resurfacing Project will commence Monday, August 20, 2012. Every effort will be made to minimize any inconvenience to the public. In order to help accomplish this some paving will be done at night with the rest of the project done during normal daytime hours. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times. The public is reminded to use caution when traveling through a construction zone.
The following streets are included in this project:
Night paving (9pm-6am):
• E Periwinkle- (Causeway to Kings Crown)
• Periwinkle Way (Causeway Blvd to just E of “Huxters”)
• Periwinkle Way (300ft W of Casa Ybel Rd to 200ft W of Palm Ridge)
• Causeway Blvd
• Lindgren Blvd.
• Causeway/ Lindgren/ Periwinkle intersection
• Tarpon Bay Rd (N. of San-Cap; resurfacing over an existing open grade mix surface)
• Purdy Ln
• Roseate Ln
• Ibis Ln
• Baltustrol Ct
• Troon Ct
• Wulfert Rd (Clubhouse- End)
Every year the City resurfaces selected roads based upon a time schedule and existing condition. This year’s road resurfacing contract amount is $790,307.50 involving full-width resurfacing of thirteen streets, Nerita Street paving and several miscellaneous small paving projects. The contractor is required to complete the project within 45 days.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Public Works Department at 239-472-6397 if you have any questions regarding the Street Resurfacing Project.